Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dinosaurs: The Paleontologist Edition.

I know most 2 year olds don't know what a Paleontologist is, heck, most can't even say Paleontologist but I am determined to raise kids who are interested in science and that requires early exposure.  So today in Monkey School we pretended to be Paleontologists.

First we went on a skeleton hunt around the room and ended up putting together a stegosaurus skeleton.



Then we carefully uncovered dinosaur bones hidden in the beans.


 Next we dug through mud (pudding) to find the dinosaurs (dino shaped fruit snacks).



And finally, we created volcanoes (baking soda and vinegar).  The kids had a great time and so did I.




2 comments:

Barb said...

Love this idea! Love. And of course I know you're Hannah's sister...I remember you and your Nirvana poster. =)

Melanie said...

GREAT activities! I want to play ;-D