Monday, November 21, 2011

Emotive.

Okay, I know I titled this feature Random Music that Makes Me Happy but the truth is not all music that I like makes me happy.  So I've changed it to RMIL (Random Music I like).  Today's RMIL is really more of an album.  now, I know that I am pretty much the only person in the world who loved this album and I get why people didn't like it (it's all remakes and not typical of the band) but I think Emotive by A Perfect Circle is brilliant.  It's one of those albums where the songs sound better if you listen to the entire album rather than the individual songs.  For some reason, this impresses me.    Just as a heads up, the album is mostly remakes of old peace songs.



And here is the video of one of the few original songs on the album.  This song was so perfect for the movie Constantine.  Plus, he co-wrote it with Trent Reznor.  Need I say more?  Speaking of things that most people hate, and I love--Constantine is actually a really good movie.  Seriously.  It is my favorite Keanu Reeves roll (even better than Matrix) and I love the religious themes.  I will be the first to admit that Keanu Reeves just plays different iterations of Ted but I'm telling you, Demon Hunting Ted is the best Ted.  Way better than surfer Ted or Shakespeare Ted or (Groan) RomCom Ted.



No comments: