Thursday, November 17, 2011

Monkey School: Thanksgiving

  • Book:  Thanksgiving is For Giving Thanks.  (not the best thanksgiving book for 2 year olds but the one I had.  
  • Song:  I'm a little Turkey (I'm a little Teapot)
    • I'm a little turkey
    • Fluffy and brown (rub tummy)
    • My wings flip-flop
    • When I turn around (flap arms and turn around)
    • I have lots of feathers,
    • On my back (bend down and wave hands over back)
    • And a big orange beak 
    • that goes click clack (clap hands)
    • Gobble Gobble (tickle kids)
  • Motor:  Turkey Hunt/Color Match.  
    • I hid turkeys around the room and had the kids hunt for them with toilet roll binoculars
    Once the kids found the turkeys they put them in their home.

  • Art:  Leaf Turkeys  
  • These turned out so cute.  

  • Snack:  Oreo, Candy Corn and Hershey Kiss Turkeys.  



  • Online inspriations:  
http://www.perfectlypreschool.com/Preschool-Lesson-Plans/Thanksgiving/index.php

4 comments:

RORYJEAN said...

Maaaaaan, this is such a cute lesson- so sad we missed it. You are so creative!

josh said...

Love it! Might just completely copy you:) You are a genius. Cali

Paul Hepworth said...

Those are awesome! You must run a super-fun preschool!

Melanie said...

LOVE the maple leaf turkeys!